[at-l] red, white and blue

When I lived in Tucson, there was a light ordinance to help limit light pollution for the benefit of the observatories in the area. We lived in a neighborhood on the outskirts that only had a couple of lights scattered along the walking paths, and they were ground level and only shined down. I think this was plenty of light for safety, and really enjoyed the darkness and seeing so much of the night sky. Now I live in a small, rural town but with many traditional streetlights. There is no such thing as dark here except when the electricity goes out...

BB

Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

<snip>

But that was just a cheap shot example in the sense that it was easy. There
are a zillion ways to save resources if we look around. I like Shane's
question about every other streetlight. Or... ask if we really need them.
One of my life goals is to move out of town to get away from the
streetlights so it's easier to watch the Northern Lights and such.