[at-l] thur hike with ipod

OrangeBug,

Reference your post, dated 11-7-04, advising ?I used to joke about my old
heavy North Face backpack with side impact airbags, cappuccino maker and
solar panel cell phone rechargers.?  You advise, Brunton sells Solar
products for backpackers, which ?complete the nightmare.?

Stuff similar to this has been around a long time.  I recall a very real
discussion on this list about backpacking pillows.  Relax, I?m not going to
embarrass anyone.

The owner of an outfitting store used to joke about a backpackers pillow she
sold.  Anyone could walk into her store and ask, ?what do I NEED to go
backpacking?? they would start you out with generic minimalist.  If you were
satisfied with that, it was very inexpensive.  If you wanted more, they
would provide you with what you wanted.  If you walked in asking for a
mink-lined sleeping bag, and it existed, she would happily sell it to you.

She went out of business.  Employees of local nationwide outfitters, who
eagerly push backpackers pillows, miss the real baseline her business
represented.

We are ?the nightmare.?

Steve