[at-l] Fakahatchee Strand

In a message dated 11/4/04 15:25:03 Eastern Standard Time, RoksnRoots@aol.com
writes:

> There are plenty of
> campgrounds nearby. There is no camping in the park in order to preserve its
> pristine
> nature. I thought it was 10 by 25 miles because everything outside the park
> is
> pretty wild too and it's hard to tell where it stops and the adjoining Big
> Cypress Preserve starts...

Where would one obtain a map?  What nearby city would one travel to in order
to begin a hike in this park?  Do the nearby campgrounds allow Hammocking or
do I need to bring my tent?  Wading through the swamp -- how deep is the water?

I have lots of questions and am looking for answers or a resource direction.

Skylander