[at-l] Did Anybody Else Get This One?

At 10:15 PM 11/4/2004 -0500, GoVolsKelly@aol.com wrote:
>No, I said that if disability checks come in $4000 monthly installments, I
>would shoot myself in the foot.  It was said in jest, of course.

Actually, severe depression or severe impulsive mania that results in self
harming behavior can be a disabling condition. The additional problems as a
result of the self inflicted injury would enhance the chance that
disability approval would occur within a year. We had a situation with a
prior president who encouraged a policy to deny psychiatric disabilities,
including discontinuation of prior determinations. A few completed suicides
resulted in recognition that this week point of society's safety net is
still necessary. Hinkley fixed that recognition in stone. Those of us who
work with these people understand how marginal their lives have become with
the severe limitations imposed on their ability to get rehabilitation or to
supplement their meager fixed income.

Scott has a disability based on a hunting accident, by all accounts I have
read before this blog account. He deserved absolutely none of the
accusations repeated here earlier today.

OrangeBug