[at-l] Bear Repellent

Both, hope there are no Jersey Girls on the list.

><<Now that ehy are hunted they are not all that
>agressive anymore.>>
>
>The Jersey bears or the Jersey girls? <g>

You shouldn't have mentioned this because there is truly
wretched story concerning grizzlies, bear bells and pepper
spray.  You can probably find it in the Archives.  I think
Jim may have been the person that told it, can't remember.

Forgetful Owl

PS Jersey Girls,  I really apologize.  At least I didn't say
it out loud, am I still wrong?

>More in reference to griz, I heard some questions raised
about the famous
>bear bells. The belief is that the griz hear them as just
some other kind
>of bird and don't pay much attention. Metal on metal gets
their attention
>faster (think metal spoon on metal cup). Breaking sticks
also apparently
>works as it triggers the warning that something is
approaching, but you'd
>have to carry a big bundle of sticks in bear country.
Talking and singing
>are supposed to work, and given all the tracks that I saw
with Jim and