[at-l] OT morhed from red sox, hotdogs, sly dogs, fall colors and such

At 11:18 AM 11/1/2004 -0500, ellen wrote:
>Maybe us conservative champions of balanced budgets and wise government
>policies just don't like to get too far from home when choosing candidates.

I've heard many real conservatives lament the current administration's
vision of empire building and abandonment of fiscal responsibility as being
the opposite of conservatism. What's more lamentable is the number of
conservatives who will stick with this administration despite that.

>Probably just a quirk. In four years I may have a different thought.

We have these referendums on our leadership every 4 years for just that
purpose. Take whatever side your reason tells you but those who are
inclined to vote based on superficial notions like which candidate you'd
rather have a beer with, please stay home tomorrow.