[at-l] News From Anna/"Mudbutt"

Hey all,
Many of you remember Anna Huthmaker, "Mudbutt" of '03, and former
lister, and miss her positive and generous spirit.

She's been a busy gal, returning to her parents' unique music shop and
  resuming her role as The Bow-Stringing Queen of the Southeast, the
most sought-after artisan by concert musicians outside New York City.
Below is a clip of a recent note. Hikers leads busy lives!

"Lots of great things are happening for me!  My two exciting things
are that I got invited to join a Celtic band called the Border
Collies, and that i am going to Africa!  ( Did I already tell you all
of this?)
      The Border Collies gig is very cool.   They asked me to join in
for a gig on bass, and before I knew it I was playing electric bass
with this band!!!  i know that you are saying to yourself "But wait,
Anna doesn't play electric bass!"  Well....I do now!!!!    Actually,
after the first gig, I started taking my stand up bass, and now I am
taking that and my cello!!!  The whole thing is such a natural
off-shoot of the whole folk  thing I was doing, so it is really cool!!
  AND, before each gig, Michael, the guitarist walks up to me with a
flask of Scotch and says "Welcome the Celtic music"!  You gotta love
that!!!
    As for Africa.....I am going to Tanzania to volunteer at an Aids
orphanage at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro.  I will be there for three
weeks, and yes....I will be doing some hiking!!!!!  I am really
excited!!!"

If you care to write Anna, her e-mail addy is:
ahuthmaker@earthlink.net
She's having trouble returning e-mails though - she can read her
messages but when she writes a reply and hits send, she get bounced
off line!!!  Anyone know why?

NewsyShoe
--
     	AT Journal: