[at-l] Evil Empire

In a message dated 10/21/2004 9:02:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bennettk@wfu.edu writes:

Or  maybe I enjoy watching a spirited athletic contest between  incredibly
gifted people  at the very top of their game. As much as I  dislike the
Yankers, Jeter's relay throw in the first inning to nail Damon  at the plate
was a thing of beauty. He couldn't have had the ball in his  hands more than
half a second, and his blind throw was  perfect.

At least Yankee stadium/the New York Sky line, is within sight of the  trail.
I wonder if the Yankees will go hiking now? ;-)

Not many atheletes on the top of there game in that series (well, at times
maybe)...
Lost 3 in a row, lost 4 in a row. Sounds like they traded slumps.
Baseball is a slow paced game, that has seconds of excitement surrounded
by hours of standing around. You really have to love it, to watch it on TV
(like golf).
And yes, I love playing ball, and golf. But watching them?... At the
stadium... OK...
On TV... Maybe not.

Whoever coined the phrase "Evil Empire" (and I realize it wasn't a lister,
needs
a life (or a team that wins more often). But I guess it sells newspapers.
Any team
that wins multiple series will get picked on by fans of the losing teams
(justified
or not). Even the Mets win the series enough, that a person can see it  in
their lifetime
(1969 & 1986). My father lived 80 years, and died, never seeing the Sox  win.
Good
thing he was a Mets fan (and a Yankees fan when the Mets were not in the
series...
He had to support the local teams).

I guess everyone needs a passion for something, and lacking anything  better,
sports
will do. ;-)

DuckingAndRunningDog