[at-l] political discourse

>>insertions of pro Kerry
>>statements are OK but any mention of support for the
>>President are quickly responded
>>to with "Off Topic" and take it to a neutral site.

To put it bluntly, that's a bucnh of BS.

I directly quoted Steve (a PRO-Kerry person) and
politely asked him to refreain from opening that can
o' worms.

>>Everyone has the right to voice their political
>>opinions.  But the screams

The problem is that these political discussions
quickly turn into petty name calling and seeing who
can cite the most obscure facts. In crude parlance, it
becomes a d**k measuring contest. More importantly, it
ends up dominating this list and drowning out any type
of hiking related discussion.

I for one do not care to see a hiking list dominated
by this type of discssion. Ryan, our host, has
repeatedly ask that we do not engage in this divisive
discourse.

As I've said before, I don't care if you are liberal,
converservative, moderate, Martian or Whig --
is it really too much to ask they we refrain from
discussion that ultimately leads to a list that is
dominated by nasty discourse?

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com