[at-l] Camping for the Gathering and the Use of Alcohol

In a message dated 9/28/2004 12:31:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Slyatpct
writes:

"Hike Your Own Hike" gets carried a bit too far where alcohol  is
concerned.
Drugs too...

That's the  second time recently that you mentioned drugs.  Is there a
"drugs"  problem I'm not aware about?  Coke, heroin, crank, crack, LSD, are we
shrooming on the trail or at the Gatherings?

**
Alcohol is legal. Drugs, for now, are not.
And yes, I see drugs at every hiker event, and on the trail.

You  don't mean "the evil weed" do you?  Can't be too evil, Alaska is about
to  legalize it (again) for personal usage.  Of course the Feds, and the
outspoken, will probabaly get in the way (again).

**
LOL!! Evil weed too...

So  what was the problem and how and why do you feel it affected YOUR  hike?

**
Personal choice. As long as they are not legal, I don't like hanging out
where
drugs are being used.

I don't want a number like "Martha" (55170-054)

Just say no Dog