Memories Linger Long after the Black Out {WAS Re: [at-l] Camping for the ...

In a message dated 9/28/2004 9:22:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thornel@attglobal.net writes:

> I'm glad to see that RnR and Sly both agree that excessive partying and
> public intoxication are damaging to the reputation of hikers.

The keyword being excessive.  For every FUBAR (one is too many) there are
100's of "drinking" hikers that haven't caused any problems on the trail or at
hostels.

When you put 500 people in one shelter it's impossible not to have some type
of conflict.  A loud snorer next to your tent will most likely keep you awake
as much as shouting from across the pond.

Would it have been less of an offense if the over flowing trash can was
filled with soda cans?

All told, I don't see a problem with the current camping arrangements for
this years Gathering.  I know I'll have a good time!  ;)

Sly