[at-l] PA Rock Question

On my first trip through PA the rocks impressed me because I was used
to walking on dirt trails for miles and miles. In one of my PA
journals I said something about walking on rocks for miles without
finding a spot of dirt big enough to put my foot on. And I noted how
comforting it was to step on a spot of earth instead of rock. My
second time through PA last year the rocks just didn't seem as big a
deal as I had remembered. There are still plenty of rocks but the
mountains are not so tall.

chase

ps I got an email from Leon. Gathers Father ( I met Gather at High
Point shelter last month) He and his brother are thru hiking north.
Gather is at Caratunk Northern Lodge, Jorma (Slimmer) is in Monson.
Check out Trail Journals.