[at-l] Hiking poles - On Topic

>> Hiking poles - love 'em?  Hate 'em? Why?
>>

> Love 'em.  On the AT after suffering serious knee pain and then an outright
>
> The $120 investment should last a lifetime.

Agree, I couldn't hike without poles -- my knees are much older than the
rest of my body <g>.

I've never owned Leki poles, but I have been through three pairs of
Komperdell poles, some from REI and some from Sierra Trading Post. I've
never spent more than $45 or $50 on each set, but after killing my latest
set, I think I may invest the extra cash into the Lekis. (The last set died
when I slipped and fell backwards on a nasty, rocky, wet trail, and one pole
bent almost 45 degrees as I went down. It saved my butt, for which I am
grateful, and I have mounted it in a place of honor in my gear closet.)

Ken B