[at-l] Boots and Blisters <WAYYYY ON TOPIC>

In a message dated 9/22/2004 7:50:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> I'm fascinated by this trend towards 500-mile boots. Custom Limmers, I
> suspect, would last for at least two thru hikes -- even more with a bit of care
> and maybe new soles.

You would think so, huh?

Prior to my 1st thru-hike I bought a pair of all-leather Fabiano Rios for
$250 with a norwegian weld sole.  The boots needed re-soling after 1500 miles.
When I got them back $75 later, they didn't fit anymore.

Now I buy what's on sale.   I generally buy Merrell, but Hi-tech makes a
decent cheap boot or shoe (which I now prefer).  I bought three pair of Hi-techs
for less than $100 total for the CDT and still kick around in them.

Sly