[at-l] Boots and Blisters

On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Mark Hudson wrote:

> Longhaul,
>
> Check out <<http://www.fitsystembyphiloren.com/>>. Phil created a "fit
> system" that he has trained various bootfitters in, there may be one
> near
> you. I have heard that the system (or that particular fitter) fits
> boots to
> tightly, but it's worth checking out.

I got boots fit at Trail Days last year, with Phil in attendance, and
they were definitely too tight for me.  The boots they said were a good
fit caused me pain just putting them on - tons of pressure all over.
I couldn't imagine walking in them, even around Trail Days.

They insisted that all would be well after the modifications, but I
couldn't
see buying boots that might or might not be painful after they'd
modified them
too much to return them.

-amy