[at-l] Does anyone know a custom hiking boot maker??

From:  rcalkins@w...
Date:  Mon Sep 20, 2004  8:03 pm

I've section hiked over 200 miles of the AT, and plan to head
north from Springer on March 14, but have had an awful problem
with blisters due to boots that don't fit right. Can anyone
recommend, from personal experience, a custom boot maker?
thanks,
Longhaul

### I can do that half-way....
 http://www.limmerboot.com/home.html#

The waiting list for custom limmers is ~4 years -- hard to fit
that March 14 day in there... but I just bought the
commercial-made Limmer Lightweight on the way home from a 6 week
trip wearing my very comfy, 2 blisters in 1500+ miles,
decade-old
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/review/00005794
The hotels-for-the-feet are starting to show some real age, and
in order to save them for winter use, I opted to try on the
Limmers (for which I'd been lusting for a couple of years). Put
'em on, walked ten feet, turned around and said "Sold!"
What a boot. Lighter, more substantial, more comfy. Yow.

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.