[at-l] Palmerton Hostel

Jan has good advice. But I think it is easier when someone is around all the time, than when it is a town or a church just leaving a building open for hikers to use.

I don't detect a problem at the Cabin in Andover, for instance, since Margery and Earle Towne nip most problems before they get out of hand.  Nor did I detect problems at Rusty's in 1993, despite its reputation as a party hostel then. Rusty worked with offenders and when that didn't work called their parents -- or in one case a spouse.

One kid thanked Rusty for giving him "the first birthday that I can remember being sober." Sadly the kid reverted to his old ways a few days later.

Weary