[at-l] Palmerton Hostel

In a message dated 9/20/2004 4:46:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:
I suspect, such behavior stems from a growing minority of hikers who see the
trail as a summer long party. I wonder how many of the offenders are really
long distance hikers as compared with trail hangers doing more yellow blazing
than walking.

         It would obviously be remiss to fail mentioning that a certain Trail
personality tried to organize people around this very type of problem and was
generally mocked and ridiculed by the same people who then profess shock over
the repeated annual occurrences of this very problem. I'm not sure what the
solution is, but I am sure that the old archetype of the solo adventurer didn't
result in these recent problems...