[at-l] Feral cats.

I picked up a stray cat in Wyoming, took it to the government building, and
asked about their shelter.  They told me to just leave the cat there.  I
asked, ?What do you do, call the nearest state trooper to dispose of it??
They looked at me, reluctant to answer, as if assessing whether I could
handle the truth.

I told them my question was a  serious one.  They said that is exactly what
they do.

A trooper takes any stray animal, drives away with it from any residential
area, pulls over, shoots it in a ditch by the side of the road, and leaves
it.

This, they told me, is how they keep their taxes low.

The real world isn?t Disney World; neither the wild world nor the civilized
one.

Steve