[at-l] So...

On Saturday, September 11, 2004, at 09:25  AM, Felix wrote:

> Where were you three years ago right now?

Three years ago at 9:30 in the morning, I had just gotten in
to work at NASA after feeding the horses at my nearby farm.
I had treated myself to a hot breakfast and was enjoying it
when a good friend informed me that a plane had hit a building
in NYC.  I thought it was a joke at first.

My breakfast turned to ashes in my mouth and I dumped the
rest of it in the garbage.  We scrambled to find a website
that wasn't overloaded so we could get more news, as there's
no TV or radio reception at work.

After a little while our boss sent us home.  When I got home
I went over to my neighbor's house.  All of us neighbors gathered
on the porch, wondering what to do.  The military planes flying
over head scared me every time, wondering if they were one of
ours or one of theirs.

After an hour or so we all got out candles and flags.  We lit the
candles, stood in the front yard, and waved the flags at passersby
as we sang patriotic songs.   There wasn't much we could do at
that point.  At least it made the passersby happy..

-amy