[at-l] Flood Stages in NC

I suggest folks use WWW.Weather.GOV to check out the river and flooding
situation in NC. Click on RIVERS above the US map.

http://ahps.erh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?gsp gets you a map and
observations with predictions of flood stages leading toward Hot Springs
along the French Broad. A bit further north, the Nolichucky looks a great
deal calmer.

Of course, this doesn't get the little mountain streams that love to flash
flood. I know at least two hills I'm glad to not be on between Allen and
Sam's Gaps. On Monday, Miss Janet was sending off a sectioner on his first
walk in 10 years from Sam's heading to Hot Springs and his home. I hope he
is okay.

OrangeBug