[at-l] Normal Recovery Time, Generally Speaking

Section Hiking is a lot thougher because

1.  Once you get into shape you are off the trail for another
year.  You are always starting your hike out of shape!

2.  The mental thing.  A thru hiker has to get their head in
the right place to hike just once.  A section hiker has to do
it each year.  It is easier to blow off a year of hiking than
it is to blow off the whole hike.\

3. (This may be  a plus).  Trail reloccations.  The powers to
be relocate the section of trail that you have just hiked, do
you rehike the trail relocation?  I know that this is a
trivial comment, but some people want to hike a pure hike
(Hit every white blaze).

4.  You only have to plan a thru hike once, but a section
hike has to be planned a section at a time.

5.  Costs,  a section hike costs more than a thru hike.
Transportation, etc.

Happy hiking!  Section Hikers Unit!!

Grey Owl