[at-l] Tom Leonard Shelter (Mass) Roofing

Folks--
The roof at Tom Leonard Shelter (leaking since last year, at least)
will finally be replaced this weekend.  Work will begin Friday
afternoon Sept 3rd, and (hopefully) conclude on Sunday by hauling out
the debris from the old roof.

Since the weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend--I hope you all
will be out somewhere in New England--my nightmare of a weekend of
solid rain whilst trying the re-roof will not come to pass.  There will
be some early morning noise on Sat and Sun (we'll start about 8am) as
we tear off the old roofing and re-install new roofing--including a
skylight!  Two of the scheduled workers (myself included) will be
tenting near the shelter on Fri and Sat nights, but the shelter should
be sleepable throughout the weekend.  It appears that our work will be
tested soon as the remains of Francis move up the coast later next week.

Anyone in the neighborhood is welcome to come up to help out or just
shoot the breeze,

Cosmo

Cosmo Catalano
AMC Berkshire Chapter
Massachusetts Appalachian Trail Committee
www.amcberkshire.org/at