[at-l] Hurricane Frances

<<Then in a senior moment I lost my ATM.  In Maine, I left it in a machine
a tad too long while I was counting and storing my money and the ATM
machine ate it. The Bank would not give it back the next day -- even w/
photo ID [a driver's license and a credit card from the same bank, w/ the
exactly (and I do mean exactly) same picture on it as was on the ATM card].
Bank policy -- they destroy cards "left in the machine.">>

There's another policy some banks have of returing a stuck or left behind
card to the billing address. Which doesn't do you a whole lot of good in
the middle of a hike.
I've told more than one potential thru-hiker that it's to their advantage
to carry a back-up ATM card.

skeeter