[at-l] Protecting the trail in Maine

"Ah Ha! I knew that we were seeing an highly edited version of the
> truth. Google only brought up the
> environazi
> viewpoints," reports the delightful, and friendly j. Bryan.

The minority party's explanation for not voting the bond issue doesn't make sense. If we are eventually going to pass a bond issue, the time to do so is when interest rates are low and before prices rise any higher.

This year Maine retired $66 million worth of bonds. In the end the Legislature was only asked to pass $40 million, so total bonded indebtedness would have gone down by $16 million.

Teddy Roosevelt pioneered environmental protection. The last influential leader of his party with an environmental conscience was probably Richard Nixon. (though he had other faults to compensate for his good environmental works.)

Weary