OT [at-l]Environment and Population was What's Wrong with This Picture?

Jim, I tend to agree with you.  When I taught biology 28+ years ago, we
taught that to help with the population explosion that we should only
replace ourselves when reproducing.  That idea would work very well, if we
could get that idea across to all the cultures in the world.  But as you
noted, it doesn't work well at all when only one culture follows the
suggestion, and none of the others do.  I think no one back then foresaw
that by reducing the population in such a manner would only accelerate the
changing of the society in a country by changing the ethnic groups
percentages within a country or region.

I only had 2 boys when we were at the age to be raising a family.  I lived
responsibly as far as I knew I should.  Now, I see that I probably should
have had at least 4, though I doubt that I could have afforded to raise that
many.  Hopefully, my sons will have more than 2 each.  The more grandkids I
have to influence the better.  Looking forward to teaching them about the
world of nature, and hopefully hiking and packing.