[at-l] Hikers for Kerry

Hummingbird,

Reference your post, dated 8-13-04.

I used to offer up, ?It?s always easier to vote Republican than it is to
think.? as a means to piss off Republicans.  I have sadly come to conclude
it is the truth.

Republican Party activists continually provide dishonest sound bites which
take more time to refute than many people are willing to devote.

?... I started a folder where hikers can discuss the environmental impact or
whatever else.?

I looked at your folder.  It seems to be a Kerry/Edwards election campaign
site.  All ?right thinking? Republicans venturing into there will depart
quickly.

?(F)acts about what has happened to the environment during the Bush
administration.?

The Bush people told everyone, cutting down the trees will stop forest
fires.  It?s true.  Stupid, but true.  No Republican voices were heard
objecting to that logic.  Republicans don?t want to think about things which
might undermine their support for their party.

?... I will be going to three meetings ... a group of Greens, Republicans,
Independents and Democrats for Kerry ... Women for Kerry ... and ...
Veterans for Kerry ...?

Aren?t you talking with people who already agree to vote for your
preference?  If so, how does this help your cause?  I think you need to go
where you?re not wanted if you intend to stimulate or convert votes.

?I really don't understand why there are so many people with negative
environment??

It?s always easier to vote Republican than it is to think.

Steve