[at-l] And at the "local" level

Please take the time to read this article.  It speaks volumes.

http://magic-city-news.com/article_1804.shtml
snip
Yes, MAGIC has been criticized because the people heard "economic" development and were led to believe that the organization would try to attract companies that would employ our terminated workers, and look for a major retailor to locate in the area; and it hasn't accomplished much in either of these directions, and instead has aligned itself with an organization that is out to destroy our way of life.
snip
All MAGIC needs to do in order to gain the support of the people is produce JOBS with living wages, and stop entertaining the preservationists and recreationists at the expense of true economic development.
snip
If we do not want our area turned into a national/state playground or an exclusive tourist community, this is not the time to be sympathetic to their whining and pleas. There is still much work to be done, and this is only the first step in what promises to be a lengthy battle.

Does life imitate AT-L discussion????????  Scary.

Coosa Donaldson
< "In essentials, unity; in doubtful matters,
liberty;  in all things, charity." >
Casey&Crockett Donaldson
Shop Local, Shop Often
Blairsville, Georgia, USofA