[at-l] The Bush IQ.

Bryan,

One of the statements you made and subsequently elaborated upon, 7-15-04, is
?Plus it is well known that democrats are drawn from the less intelligent
portion of the population.?

You provided a list of Hollywood Celebrities, along with their educational
attainment, and surmise, ?That makes 37 college degrees for the
administration vs 1 college degree (in Drama) for the loud opposition.You
know I think I can see a trend here, democrats are stupid and feckless
aren't they.?

Drawing any conclusion from this data presents at least three problems:

1)    There is a premise that educational attainment is highly correlated
with Intelligence Quotient (IQ).  I have met too many stupid college
graduates and a lot of very bright and gifted people who did not choose to
attend college to accept this assumption without some valid study to support
it.

2)    Dramatic arts is a craft.  Many practitioners do not learn the craft
at colleges or universities but at acting schools, from drama coaches, or
on-the-job from directors of plays or movies.  These sources do not confer
degrees.  The data overlooks non-college drama education.

3)    Hollywood Celebrities is a different class of the overall population
than is presidential cabinet members and advisors.  Hollywood Celebrities
may be a class of its own; it cannot be compared with any other class.

About the only valid comparison to be made using Hollywood Celebrities would
be between those who promote Senator Kerry and those who promote President
Bush.  I doubt the result would yield a significant conclusion about the
candidates or the people who vote for them.

Thank you for providing your data.  I would still appreciate knowing its
source.  Please cite any studies distinguishing Democrats from Republicans
on the basis of their intelligence.

Thanks,

Steve