[at-l] Heading to the AT (NOT political!)

Finally got that vacation I've been trying to schedule all summer ... so
... we're leaving Texas Friday or Saturday for the AT in Georgia!

My son (now 8) decided two years ago during a Springer to Three Forks
and back hike, that he wanted to hike the complete Georgia section of
the trail.  So far we've made it to Cooper Gap.  This summer we'll start
at Cooper Gap and continue north.  He is looking forward to Blood
Mountain, visiting its shelter, and spending at night at the Hostel in
Neels Gap. I'm hoping to get him to carry more of his own gear.

This year my wife is also traveling with us, although she is not really
into hiking. We're not too sure what to do. We can get a hotel room in
Blairsville and hope she can find shopping and stuff to keep busy, or
she could try hiking with us -- then we have shuttle issues, and ...

Any interesting craft shows this weekend or next week in N Georgia?
Any other ideas?

Mark