[at-l] hiking plans and such

Thanks to all who have replied so far - on list and off . . . I reckon
it's my suthern country boy instincts that led me away from NYC, yet the
big apple does make a lot of sense, and I do want to spend some time
there [remember the awesome journal entry from Ms. Liteshoe's NYC
detour, courtesy of Mr. Balls?]- but I think when I spend some time
there, including a visit to ground zero, I want it to be while I am not
walking . . . I may be wrong on that, as I continue to feel painfully
scarred from experiencing 9/11/01 so soon after I had returned early
from my 2001 thru attempt.

Anyhow, back to logistics . . . my main reasons for looking at Hartford
are the fact that two weeks of walking north out of DWG likely puts me
near the CN/MA state line (Salisbury, CN), and the fact that a friend of
mine may be meeting me for the last four days of my hike, and he
tentatively has planned to fly into Hartford . . .

Chase and I may yet work out a bit of fancy car parking/shuttling
footwork, in which case I defintely will drive the old trooper up . . .
stay tuned for final logistical decisions, I know you will all be on the
edge of your seats!  :)  Perhaps we could alter several of the pending
discussion threads (which I, for one, have generally enjoyed reading)
and muse upon whether it is more friendly to our environment for me to
consume gas in a 1989 vehicle that now burns a bit of oil and has to
strain to get 20 mpg, vesus consuming my pro-rata share of high octane
jet fuel on a fairly modern AA Embraer jet! :)

More seriously, if anyone has any tidbits they would like to share
publicly or privately re the 200 or so miles northward out of DWG,
consider yourself invited to chime in . . .

Thanks again,

thru-thinker
[clark]

p.s.  I really liked Shane's rocking chair test post . . . .  I just
wish I could figure out which presidential candidate best will help pay
for my multi-million dollar nursing home combo rocking chair/bed/sexual
stimulation/feeding /medicating/computing/cellphone/hiking device! :)