[at-l] Ireland

MF> Regarding my visit:  Unfortunately my schedule didn't allow for a hike.
MF> HOWEVER, I was very pleasantly surprised to see the many beautiful mountain
MF> ranges and ridges in that beautiful country.  Perhaps some of you have
MF> traveled there.  It looks like the hiking would be terrific and it would
MF> include uncountable historic monuments and locations of ancient abbeys and
MF> standing stones.  What a journey it would be!

We  were  over  in January and had the place pretty much to ourselves.
You are right, they love Americans.

We  ran across these blazes and signs in Connemara, County Galway. Sl?
Chonamara, or Connemara Path. If you think Pa. is rocky ...

http://www.henrybeaver.com/hiking/connemara%20blaze.jpg

http://www.henrybeaver.com/hiking/connemara%20trail%20sign.jpg

Unfortunately,  we  had no time to hike. You can actually buy packaged
hiking vacations.

Chris