[at-l] NYC has it all (was A Year Ago Yesterday.)

At 07:19 PM 7/1/2004 -0400, Frank Looper wrote:
> > Mountains? Wilderness? Lakes with loons calling in the dusk? Sorry, but
> > don't view anonymity in a crowd as solitude. I live in a small hamlet of
> > maybe 250-300 and there are too many people here. I long for a piece of
> > land where I can wake up, walk out my front door and see... No one! A
>place
> > where the only sound is the wind through the trees and the birds
>singing.
> > The one concession I want is an Internet connection. I have been to NYC
>5
> > or 6 times in almost 60 years. It has been enough.
> >
>Not me, Jim, I want it all! I live in the woods, but only 35 or so minutes
>from a medium-sized city, and like hiking, camping AND big-city
>tourist-ing.
>
>Squeaky's vacation is in November, and we're going to D.C., probably for
>the 7th or 8th time (I've lost count). There are things to be said for the
>whole of human experience, that if one IS actually a whole person...
>
>:-)
>Frank-ducking

No need to duck Frank. I'm tired tonight and not up to a fight but I will
observe that it depends on your definition of "a whole person". It could be
argued that a "whole person" does not require the company of others to be
whole (though he/she may at times enjoy such company).