[at-l] What do you use as rain gear?

Au contraire.  Any pack cover that loops, folds or hooks, under the pack is
useless.  What is needed is a straight fall and open bottom as used by the
trash bag and one design made by Outdoor Research.  I don't have a model
number or name on mine, but it has worked well for me, where others have
simply bathed my sleeping bag.

Down side?  It's "heavy" at 8 ounces.  Up side, it works for me.  Still, the
sleeping bag and warm clothing gets packed in it's own waterproof bags.

Black Wolfe
(Still packing heavy, 28-32 pounds between Sam and I.)(I'd go with lighter
gear but Sam just won't let it get into his thick canine head that some
things need gentle treatment! ;-)