[at-l] Movie: "Into the Void"

In a message dated 6/15/04 11:39:10 Eastern Daylight Time, kdpo@pacbell.net
writes:

> Just a philosophical question. Cutting the rope may have been the right
> thing to do, but do you want to climb with him now that he knows it is ok to
> cut the rope.

Consider this;  if the rope had not been cut the two of them would probably
still be where they were when the rope was cut:  one swinging on a rope and the
other stuck in place holding onto an ever increasing weight of rope and
rider.  When the rope was cut it enabled the hanger on to land on a ledge -- there
to find courage enough to think about his choices.  Should he go to Wal-mart,
go on a search for hummingbirds (or chickens or Geese), or crawl back to base
camp?  He chose the latter.  Well, perhaps I need to see the film (or read the
book) to understand the situation better.

What do you think?

Skylander