[at-l] Movie: "Into the Void"

Well as a very inactive climber I can think of things that could have been
done:

A prussic knot, or jumar could have been attached to the line below the
fellow on belay, he could have tied that off to the protection or put in
some protection to tie it off to and then cut the line in between him and
the prussic/jumar (or whatever equivalent that is used now) He could have
roped down then to see what was going on and babooned the fellow hanging off
the cliff back up.

However this assumes that they were thinking effectively, sometimes at
altitude and with exhuastion mixed in that might not be true.

Bryan

 Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!