[at-l] that law firm associate resignation letter that jim quoted

Ferget Kelly - that resignation letter that Jim included in his recent
post is pretty damn close to the verbal one I gave as a tenured partner
when I resigned from my 65-lawyer firm in the summer of 2002, after
having been terminally infected by walking long distances on the AT in
2001! :)  With the passage of some time, I think it is important to say
that while I probalby had to screw my courage up by thinking of the
situation in pretty negative terms in order to follow thru and actually
leave, it is important for me to now put some better perspective on it
and not see my former partners or job in only negative terms - I met
tons of incredibly intelligent, motivated people and learned a helluva
lot; for the right person at the right time in life, it can be an
awesome experience.  The real key to life is understanding that change
is a good thing, and not allowing yourself to get trapped, or feel
trapped once your heart starts nagging you about the need for a breath
of fresh air.

thru-thinker