[at-l] Can't resist some final musings re walmart, target and such

After digesting way too much emotional food on this thread, I gotta add
some rambling, final (for me anyway) thoughts:

1)  A bunch of the stuff in my pack and home comes from both walmart and
target - my cheap swimsuit hiking shorts, my cheap fleece, my batteries,
my midget toothbrush, my midget toothpaste tube, my white gas, my summer
fleece and a few other odds and ends came from walmart.

2)  I recently settled a lawsuit against target where their store
personnel abused an 80+ year old partially isabled grandmother, accused
her of shoplifting and threw her out of the store - does that make all
target stores bad?  no, it just means that there are at least a few bad
eggs at that one store, and maybe a larger need for more training on how
to deal with older folks and folks who need some extra dressing room
help . . .

3)  It is always interesting to me to hear about evils like walmart,
lawyers, etc; in the end, we are all tied up in ourselves here - no
lawyer has ever sued anyone without a client authorizing it; no person
has ever won a supposedly "outrageous" money damages award without 6 to
12 people, just like you and me, making the decision; no walmart or
target store has ever made money without folks just like you and me
deciding to shop there or not . . . in the end, our energies are best
focused on making our own, personal decisions about what to do in our
own lives, and perhaps giving some thoughts to those closest to us, and
then saving our powder for a precious few, larger issue that we feel
passionately about . . . while in a way this post belies this very
thought, I think I am slowly learning not to have as passionate an
opinion on as many issues that, when it comes right down to it, don't
amount to a hill of beans for me or the continued evolution of the
universe . . . I reckon that is a fancy way of saying "get over it and
get back to the important stuff, like hiking and living!" :)

thru-thinker