[at-l] Wal-Mart & Vermont

Coosa,
After reading many of the Wal-Mart - Vermont at-l messages, yours was the
only one who understood our concerns here in Vermont.  No one living in
Vermont could have written it better.  For us it is a constant battle
keeping our downtowns alive and preventing big box sprawl.  My parents live
in a typical small Vermont town with the population of 700.  The within
walking distance general store were my father bartered his organic grown
meats and veggies was replaced by a Mobil Mini-mart.  Their alternative is
the big box grocery and hardware stores twenty miles away.  Unfortunately
they don't drive, have lost their supplemental income and lost their main
source of social contact.  Their independence has now changed to dependence.
Vermonter's just don't see this as progress.  Sorry about the rant but I do
know you understand.
Btw I love you sig line "Shop Local, Shop Often"

Beau Bushor
"bleeder guy"
Burlington, VERMONT