[at-l] Mountain Lions

This past week a very sick lion was spotted on our golf course next to the
bicycle path.  Our wildlife official had to kill it when it took off for a
residential area.  He did not shoot it in the head because they needed the brain to
determine what was wrong with the emmaciated, mud-covered creature.

They suspect chronic wasting disease, which would potentially make sense
because lions like deer so much.  The question had been could it be transferred
from one species to the other.

In both species, this is perhaps the result of overpopulation here in
Colorado.  Elk are prevalent, but they are a much more difficult kill for the lions.

Kinnickinic