[at-l] Ocoee

In a message dated 5/25/04 04:06:27 Eastern Daylight Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:

> On another note, the Benton MacKaye is currently being extended to run all
> the way to GSMNP and will eventually hook up with the AT there.

Does the Benton MacKaye Trail have a "Shelter System" like the AT or is it a
trail where hikers set up their own "camps" along the way?  Do Bear pose a
problem as they do at Shelters?  Are there hydration opportunities along the
trail?

I noticed that the Benton MacKaye Trail crossed the AT several times in
Georgia.  Does it continue to do that up to the proposed joining in the GSMNP?

I imagine that the BMT is less traveled than the AT.  Is that preferable to
those who walk it or is that the point of getting into the wilderness --
solitary seclusion?

Thanks in advance for the many words of wisdom that I hope will be offered.

Skylander