[at-l] GPS question

Bryan views an anti-GPS attitude among posts on this
topic.

Not from me. I think that GPS is a valuable
technology. Much as Lee I Joe said, the miniturization
to a wrist watch might not be the way to go in third
world environments. But David sounds like someone who
is very comfortable taking chances and daring fate. It
sounds like he has made decisions based on an
evaluation of circumstances and risks, whether or not
I'd be comfortable with those decisions.

There is always a conflict over how to deal with
preparation and safety. As Bryan noted, this is the
core of many of the famous flame threads here -
including guns, cell phones, umbrellas and the like.
Someone is always going to be on the Bleeding Edge of
technology and preparation for adventure. It will be
interesting to see how he does with a little bitty
GPS. I hope we get a trip report to answer these
doubts.

Bill...