[at-l] another question about breakfast

On 5/3/04 9:21 AM, "Nicole Markee" <nicole@astrogirl.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else read Colin Fletcher's "Complete
> Walker"?  Too bad those bacon bars he waxes poetic about don't seem to
> exist any more.  I'd be all over that.

I have three of the four editions. Found a first edition hardcover at a
local used-book shop for $2. Colin is my hero -- I like curmudgeons.

And yeah, I'd be eating those bacon bars too, if they still existed.

> I bring tuna every trip with packets of mayo and mustard from the
> cafeteria at work.

I bring the tuna bags and mayo/mustard packets too, along with tortillas --
love tuna salad on a tortilla, I even eat it that way at home. I usually
carry a couple of stalks of celery the first day or two so I can add some
crunch to the tuna.

The tuna/chicken/turkey bags are nice, but they are very low in calories per
serving. I found some bags of chopped ham last year, and while they are
pretty salty, the calorie content was way high. Tasted great added to
Lipton's Alfredo Noodles with a handful of Just Peas.

Ken