From: "Coosa" <lorac4491@linkamerica.net>
To: "AT-L" <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 8:00 AM
Subject: [at-l] New Hiker

Why do you have to wait so long to get the little hiker into the woods?  I
was up at Blood Mountain Shelter one January day a few years ago and Daddy
was carrying their 3 1/2 month old baby in a carrier, introducing him to
'the great outdoors' with his first winter hike.  Baby got hungry and
refused the cold bottle and I just happened to have my stove with me (I went
up to pick up garbage left by 'campers') and warmed the bottle for them.  If
Mama had been feeding without the use of bottles, it would have been quicker
for the baby.

My son was introduced to camping at 3 months of age and learned to walk by
pulling himself up on camping gear (we didn't backpack until later in his
life).

My son is 35 now, backpacks, rappels, canoes and just got hired by Hobby
Lobby after 17 years managing grocery stores.

Coosa