[at-l] Kudzu---

i have also read if they fed kudzu juice to rats, they would not drink booze.
Plodder

> About 25 years ago when I was applying to Chem E grad schools, my first
> choice was Vanderbilt (but the stipend was too thin) where I would have been
> working on a program to use Kudzu (which is high in protein) to fortify wheat for
> developing countries.  A really neat program.  The thought was two fold.  Find a
> use for a nuisance and once the nuisance was found to have value, the hope
> was that folks would harvest it to extinction.
>
> Black&blue

PEOPLE -- some make things happen, some watch things happen, and the majority have no idea what's happened.

Sign up for our BACKPACKER.com's FREE newsletter and learn about new hiking getaways, gear, and outdoor skills. Go to: http://www.backpacker.com/newsletter