[at-l] Gear Question - Goretex

skeeter wrote"
>I have a goretex jacket, too heavy for hiking but just fine for skiing. The
>problem is that the surface (DNR?) is no longer water repellent. I've tried
>both Revive-X an Nik-wax with no or little apparent difference (of course I
>followed the directions). I'm hoping someone out there has a suggestion...

skeeter-
I used to have the same problem - now the Goretex hangs in the closet taking
up space.
That's one solution - but obviously not the one you're looking for.  <VBG>

When I was using the Goretex, I had the same problem - so I used to
periodically spray the jackets with a waterproofing compund.  There were
several different brands, but the only one I can remember at the moment is
Camp-Dry.  I think they still sell it.   It would work for a while, but it's
not a permanent solution.

Walk softly,
Jim

PS - MAKE SURE you spray it outside.  You REALLY don't want to breathe the
stuff.

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp