[at-l] Gear Question - Goretex

I have a goretex jacket, too heavy for hiking but just fine for skiing. The
problem is that the surface (DNR?) is no longer water repellent. I've tried
both Revive-X an Nik-wax with no or little apparent difference (of course I
followed the directions). I'm hoping someone out there has a suggestion...

Thanks!

skeeter

Yes, dear skeeter, there IS a solution.  The solution is to mail it back to GORE TEX and tell them it no longer repels water and will they please examine it to see if there is a problem with the GoreTex delaminating, etc.

Email GoreTex
http://www.gore-tex.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContactUsForm?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=10005

They will contact you.  They don't like bad publicity.  AFTER ALL, it could be that their product was faulty to begin with.

Coosa

Coosa (Trail ArchAngel on the Appalachian Trail in Georgia)
If you're already ON the ground, you don't have far to fall.
Casey the WonderDog and Crockett the ManlyDog