[at-l] First call home

In a message dated 3/16/2004 11:34:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
palalee@charter.net writes:
Just got word from my hiker (Mapster/Wrongway) that he'd gotten to
parking lot at WalasiYi, was waiting for shuttle to take him to room and
a shower for the evening. He said he'd hiked over Blood Mtn in the dark,
was pretty tired, but still wanting to point north. You guys have been
so phenomenally supportive and encouraging to both of us, I had to send
this note as soon as I got off the phone with my parents.

Life is good :)
Squeaky
*********
Squeaky, hanks for the update! Glad to hear he got there.
Walasi Yi was a big psychological point on the trail for me.
In my mind it was finishing the first "section" on the trail.
This was important to me because I broke the whole trail
into "sections" like this, and never looked farther ahead
than the next section. So I felt if I could do this first section,
I could do them all, one at a time.

Life IS good

hotdog/Russ