[at-l] Enhancing the AT Blaze

rick boudrie wrote:

> What's so bad about having a hard time finding the trail at night?
> If I am not mistaken, that's what darkeness is all about-- not being
> able to see stuff so good.

I don't think that's what it's about at all. If that were the case, why
not just shut your eyes during the day. I'd say that it (reflective
blazing?) really only needs to be done where trails intersect, or areas
where it isn't easy to ascertain what the trail is. Which, I believe is
true of most blazing: More blazes where it would be easy to get off the
AT...less where it isn't.

> At least in the North East the double blazes are directly on top of
> one another.  Those offset blazes are enough to make anyone mad.

there are seemingly so many double blazes that the original purpose has
been watered down.