[at-l] 2 sugarless drink mix questions

It's not the sugar. I buy Diet Pepsi in refillable cups from the local
convenience store and it grows black stuff too if I don't wash it
regularly. Not that it's tough to do. A good rinsing and a bit of soap now
and then. What was that OB was saying about most GI problems resulting from
poor hygiene rather than bad water? Wash your water bottles now and then guys.